10.2.13

NYFW

What better way to get my blogspot back on track, then to talk about the latest shows from New York Fashion Week. We may only be on week one of fashion weeks around the globe, but I've already been able to swoon over two of my favourite designer's shows, streamed all the way from the US of A. These are of course, Jason Wu and Victoria Beckham. 

You'll notice, if you've ever had a nose on my blog during fashion week, that these two designers make a regular appearance when it comes to reviewing some of the shows I've seen. I should probably mix it up a bit, but there are SO many shows to talk about, and seeing though I'm not being paid by Vogue to review each and every one (sigh), I always end up just rambling about my faves.

So first off, Jason Wu's A/W 2013-2014 (2014 already?!) collection once again, didn't disappoint. Any collection centred around black and white, with a pop of colour here and there is fine by me. Jason Wu's pieces are the perfect mix of androgyny and femininity. He always manages to make his models look sexy; oozing confidence, and with a bit of an edge, and this collection was no different. A mix of stunning, yet wearable pieces, and complete show-stoppers (see that blue dress). He's a massive success in the industry right now, yet regardless of whether he's dressing America's First Lady, or featuring Cara Delevingne in his shows, he just is a sartorial genius. 

Here's a few of my favourite looks from the collection:
















images: Elleuk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment