5.3.13

More NYC Highlights

Two collections from New York Fashion Week that I haven't yet mentioned, but was pleasantly surprised with were Karen Walker and Marc by Marc Jacobs. 

I am completely obsessed with Karen Walker sunglasses and have always kept one eye on her collections as well, but it was her A/W 2013 collection I was particularly impressed with. If only for the fact I loved it without one single head-to-toe black outfit. I don't even know if I can pick my favourite looks, but I think I'd start with these: 






And these aren't bad either... 














well, it seems that I am a new lover of green! 

Now for Marc by Marc Jacobs; as iconic as he is, he's never been a particular favourite of mine. However, I absolutely loved the A/W 2013 RTW collection, to the point where I was day dreaming & chatting about it for the next week. Another 1940s inspired collection, and as beautiful as Bottega Veneta, every detail made my mind wander back to the sophistication of the 1940s and pine for a structured handbag and knee-length skirt, with a belted waist. A girl can dream... here are my favourite looks.
















all images: Elle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment